Q & A Firstimers
Posted on: Saturday, 6 August 2016 at 4:00:06 PM
- I've never done a Triathlon before, I'm not sure if a could finish one.
- There is no pressure to finish the race, even some of the seasoned Triathletes don't finish races the idea is to have a go, come back the following week and try again, you race against yourself.
- How do I sign up?
- several options available: either turn up on the day and fill in a rego form or follow the links on Facebook & website.
- How will I know what to do and when?
- Please arrive 30-40 minutes before the race starts and introduce yourself at the tent, we will show you where to put your bike and the best way to set up your area. 10minutes before the race each week there is a briefing telling you where to go, if still unsure just ask a marshal.
- I'm not a very good swimmer! a bit worried about the swim leg.
- We start in waves depending on which distance you are doing this means less congestion in the water. If you are nervous a committee member will be happy to swim with you.
- How long is the Triathlon?
- Each week we have 4 distances to choose from Enticer which is a 300m swim, 7km bike, 2km run. Short course is a 300m swim, 17km bike, 4km run. Long course is a 600m swim, 27km bike, 5km run. if you would prefer not to swim there is also a duathlon which is a 2km run, 7km bike, 2km run.
- What will I need to do a Triathlon?
- For the Swim you will need a pair of goggles & a swim cap, For the ride a road worthy bike, closed in shoes and a cycle helmet ( you will not be able to race without one). for the run you will need a hat, a pair of runners (joggers, Trainers).
- I forgot my timing chip! what do I do?
- You can still race and get I time for that race or you can pay the $15 casual fee and receive a chip for that race.
Any other questions you my have about competing in our club please contact us via email or Facebook.
Back to Search Results